This release significantly expanded the capabilities of your Airy Chat Plugin. Prior to this release, the possibility to end the chat and begin a new one was not available. In addition to this, quick replies became easily accessible and the behavior of the Chat Plugin when a contact resumes a conversation improved.
End Chat Option
The End Chat option was introduced to the Airy Chat Plugin mostly for security and privacy reasons. Without this feature, conversation history (and possibly personal data) would be readily available, including on a public or shared computer. However, contacts are now able to end the current chat session and exit the website, or simply create a new chat immediately after.
With the End Chat option, contacts do not have to worry about any personal data being accessible by any third party members of the conversation. They can opt to have their conversations saved, or they can start a new one every time they enter the website.
Quick Replies for Chat Plugin
This feature makes it easy for both contacts and system users to quickly reply to a question posted by the other person. The quick replies only display when the associated message is the most recent message within the conversation. Once one has been chosen and sent, the row of quick replies disappears until another message contains quick replies.
These suggestions (buttons) are displayed horizontally below the plain text that prompts them. As a guideline, you can have a maximum of 13 suggestions with a maximum of 25 characters each.
Expanded Chat Plugin by Default
With Airy Live Chat, contacts are able to resume conversations, if they choose to do so, at a later time with a resume token. To make it more convenient, we decided to expand the Chat Plugin by default when continuing that conversation. In addition, contacts are already in the input bar of the chat, so they do not need to navigate anywhere, but instead can start typing immediately.
- [#929] Implement the option to end chat (#1508)
- [#1110] Add basic and advance customization to chatplugin docs (#1494)
- [#1290] Prometheus Metrics about Spring apps (#1479)
- [#1473] Make release process more quiet (#1501)
- [#1004] Enable quickreplies for chatplugin (#1478)
- [#572] Cleanup senderType code (#1490)
- [#1474] Added showmode flag that blocks functionality in chat plugin (#1475)
- [#572] Simplify senderType (#1458)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- [#1521] Import ChatPlugin header component assets from library (#1522)
- [#1438] Fix logout when a user sends a message to a conversation from a disconnected channel (#1457)
- Remove empty payloads (#1509)
- Bump css-loader from 5.2.0 to 5.2.1 (#1514)
- Bump webpack from 5.31.0 to 5.31.2 (#1513)
- Bump eslint from 7.23.0 to 7.24.0 (#1512)
- Move back components to the mono repo (#1506)
- Bump @babel/preset-env from 7.13.12 to 7.13.15 (#1498)
- Bump @babel/core from 7.13.14 to 7.13.15 (#1499)
- Bump eslint-plugin-react from 7.23.1 to 7.23.2 (#1500)
- [#1466] Follow up on extract model (#1493)
- Bump cypress from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1 (#1481)
- [#1466] Extract model lib from httpclient (#1488)
- [#1476] Remove components (#1485)
- Bump core-js from 3.10.0 to 3.10.1 (#1484)
- Bump webpack from 5.30.0 to 5.31.0 (#1483)
- Bump @bazel/typescript from 3.2.3 to 3.3.0 (#1482)
- Bump copy-webpack-plugin from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1 (#1469)
- Bump emoji-mart from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 (#1507)
- Fix hot module replacement (#1480)
You can download the Airy CLI for your operating system from the following links: